TARGETjobs Law provides essential advice and information for undergraduates considering a career as a solicitor or barrister. The publication, in exclusive partnership with the Law Society, includes:
• comprehensive editorial helping students select the right training contract or pupillage for them and successfully apply for it
• an in-depth ‘how to get hired’ section, covering what top skills recruiters are looking for, tips on researching employers, application forms and CVs, interviews and assessment centres
• features on everything from funding your legal career to how to make the most of law fairs
• advice on how to boost your legal CV throughout your university career
• useful insights into over 50 areas of practice, as described by partners and experienced barristers
• profiles from trainee solicitors, pupils and chartered legal executives from a range of firms and chambers.
• enhanced coverage of the LPC, BPTC and conversion courses and how to apply
• information from the SRA on the new qualification process for solicitors: the SQE
• listings of training contracts, pupillages, vacation placements and mini-pupillages at leading firms and chambers in our unique Jobfinder tables
• options for academic postgraduate study in law
• useful information on how the Law Society and the Junior Lawyers’ Division can help you in your career
• a dedicated section on qualifying as a lawyer in Scotland.
TARGETjobs Law is published annually and is part of the TARGETjobs-by-sector family of career products. Every year, students vote them as the best subject-specific careers guides in the UK Graduate Careers Survey produced by High Fliers Research in association with The Times.
The publication is accompanied by the website targetjobslaw.co.uk and supported on Twitter @TjobsLaw.