TARGETjobs Law provides essential advice and information for undergraduates considering a career as a solicitor or barrister. The publication includes:
• comprehensive editorial helping students select the right training contract or pupillage for them and successfully apply for it
• an in-depth ‘how to get hired’ section, covering what top skills recruiters are looking for, tips on researching employers, application forms and CVs, interviews and assessment centres
• features on everything from funding your legal career to how to make the most of law fairs and how social mobility functions in the legal profession
• advice on how to boost your legal CV throughout your university career
• useful insights into over 50 areas of practice, as described by partners, QCs and experienced barristers
• profiles from trainee solicitors, pupils and chartered legal executives from a range of firms and chambers
• enhanced coverage of the LPC, BPTC and conversion courses and how to apply
• information on the new qualification process for solicitors: the SQE
• listings of training contracts, pupillages, vacation placements and mini-pupillages at leading firms and chambers in our unique Jobfinder tables
• options for academic postgraduate study in law
• a dedicated section on qualifying as a lawyer in Scotland.
TARGETjobs Law is published annually and is part of the TARGETjobs-by-sector family of career products. Every year, students vote them as the best subject-specific careers guides in the UK Graduate Careers Survey produced by High Fliers Research in association with The Times.
The publication is accompanied by the website targetjobs.co.uk/law and supported on Twitter @TjobsLaw.