TARGETjobs Property is an essential guide for students and graduates interested in a career in the property industry, providing the advice and information that students and graduates need in a competitive jobs market. It focuses primarily on the role of property surveyors, but also covers other career areas such as planning and development. The 2020 edition includes:
• An introduction to the property industry, including insights into the preferences and behaviour of students interested in working for property employers
• Insights and top tips from recruiters at property firms on how to impress across every stage of the job application process and recent developments in the property industry that they think graduates should be aware of
• Profiles of graduates working in two different areas: an assistant surveyor on a rotational graduate programme and an acquisitions and development manager working in land development
• Advice for non-cognates, students who have not studied a property-related degree, on what they can do to impress recruiters and what they can expect from graduate schemes
• Tips for every stage of job applications, including advice on making speculative applications
• Guidance on choosing a property job, including a feature on choosing between different property employers and comprehensive overviews of the property markets and job roles graduates could work in – from agency to valuation
• Information on work experience, networking, postgraduate study, chartership and the APC.
TARGETjobs Property is published annually and is part of the TARGETjobs-by-sector family of career products. They are consistently voted the best subject-specific careers guides in student surveys.
The publication is accompanied by the website targetjobs.co.uk/property and supported on Twitter @TjobsBuilding.